Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Unable to apply the recovery in DR (oracle 9.2.0.6.0 , sun solaris : 5.9)
Unable to apply the recovery in DR [message #310784] Wed, 02 April 2008 07:21 Go to next message
kesavansundaram
Dear sir,
we have restored last week coldbackup in dr site.
and now we need to apply the recovery...
but we are getting below error now :

Unable to identify datafile:
'/BDPRD_dbmain1/database/BDPRD/data/ITS_DATA01.dbf',

the reason is we have created one TABLESPACE (ITS_DATA) with above datafile....in LIVE database. ...but we have restored last week coldbackup.

Now in order to mount the DR and apply the recovery,
what i did, i generated backup controlfile trace and i removed this datafile entry in that file , and sent to DR and tried to mount....finally DR is getting mounted. but while applying the recovery it throw the error:

" controlfile is not standby controlfile "

now is there any way to apply the recovery in DR site....

can we do "alter database create datafile.....command ????

pls confirm at the earliest....

kesavan.

i would like to inform one more
we have added this tablespace yesterday
but cold backup was taken lastweek and has been restored in dr now.

one more ,
can we drop this new tablespace created in live database in order to prevent this error ?
pls cfm

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2008 07:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to apply the recovery in DR [message #311488 is a reply to message #310784] Fri, 04 April 2008 11:16 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
For data guard you must create standby controlfile.

SQL> Alter database create standby controlfile as ‘c:\oracle\backup\standcontrol.ctl’;

When you create this file paste it on the same location as mentinoed in Pfile/Spfile an dthen startup mount and perform recovery.
Previous Topic: Gaps have occured in the archive logs on my Standby DB (using Dataguard)
Next Topic: Keep Oracle Database with Data Guard or EMC/SRDF?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:36:59 CDT 2024