Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Dataguard switchover (Oracle 11.2.0.3 Linux x86_64)
Dataguard switchover [message #559708] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:03 Go to next message
preet_kumar
We don't have license to use Active dataguard and the only option i find to disable Active dataguard is to issue the below given command.
DGMGRL> edit database standby set state=apply-off;

Now after this if i do a switchover it does not work and gives error
ORA-16516 current state is invalid for the attempted operation

After issuing the command
DGMGRL > edit database standby set state=apply-on
I can do a switchover but in this case the following query on the standby shows
select 'Using Active Data Guard' ADG from v$managed_standby m,v$database d where m.process like 'MRP%' ;
ADG
-----------------------
Using Active Data Guard

In the apply-off state the logship works and also the logs are being applied on the standby and for reporting i could open the standby in read only mode.But in apply-on state the standby opens always with readonly-with-apply

Please could anyone help me out with this.
Re: Dataguard switchover [message #559715 is a reply to message #559708] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
submit a Service Request with Oracle support
Re: Dataguard switchover [message #559719 is a reply to message #559708] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:34 Go to previous message
John Watson
If you have not licensed Active Data Guard, then don't open the database. Use STARTUP MOUNT, not STARTUP OPEN (which is the default). Then start redo apply. If it is already open and applying, stop the apply and shutdown first. You can do it all from the DGMGRL prompt.
Previous Topic: Testing Data Guard
Next Topic: datagurad configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:44:13 CDT 2024