Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form (oracle forms 6i)
import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form [message #585411] Sat, 25 May 2013 01:43 Go to next message
sameer_da
hello,
I've done lot of search on different forms on this topic. i got answers as well but still my problem is not solved.
i am trying hard to complete this task. I am explaining in details what my requirement is, if anybody have solution please let me know.
"I want to imopert excel data by coloumn mapping to oracle table using forms 6i". for this I've created a form which is having following details.

1. path, file name text field and button called browse.
when the form load. click on browse botton, and user will be asked to go to specific drive and select the excel file. The file path is stored in path text field
and file name is displayed on file name text field.

2. After doing this I've porvide a button called column. after selecting the file click on column button. Once the button is pressed all column heading of
the selected excel file get displayed on the text fields which i've provide on the form.

3. In frot of each column headig field I've provide list box which contains database table column heading. Now user have to select table column according to his excel column.
(i.e I am asking user to map his excel column with oracle table column.)
4. Once the maping from user is done, I've provide button called process. once the button is pressed all the data from excel is to get insert in to database colmum.

what i've achive -
- User is able to select file path and file name get displayed.
- Columns heding of excel get displayed on the form.
problem area
-In the process button code column heading get change dynamically but records i.e actual data does not.
-I am able to insert records into table, but only when excel column heading sequence is same as database table column.

excel column = table column
-----------------------------------------------------------------
route = route
date = del_date
time = del_time
id = tran_id

In above situation record get insert into table.

But when only excel column sequence change that time data is not inserted into table.
If required i can uploade my form and sample excel sheet also provde table script.
Please give me solution for the same. I need it urgently. I am working hard on it.

Thanks and Regards
Sam.
Re: import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form [message #585442 is a reply to message #585411] Sat, 25 May 2013 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na.vaithianathan
first check the max.size of the column and it's data type.
otherwise load it in a new table. Then covert it to your table.
if for further help
pl. send the fmb & excel (2003 or 2007)
Re: import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form [message #585505 is a reply to message #585411] Mon, 27 May 2013 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_da
Thank for reply na.vaithianathan,
Please find the attachment of form, table script and excel file.
I am sorry i am using excel 2000

create table test
(ROUTE VARCHAR2(100),
TRNDATE VARCHAR2(100),
TTIME VARCHAR2(100),
TID VARCHAR2(100));
Re: import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form [message #585506 is a reply to message #585442] Mon, 27 May 2013 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_da
Excel file
  • Attachment: test.csv
    (Size: 0.30KB, Downloaded 2698 times)
Re: import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form [message #585833 is a reply to message #585442] Thu, 30 May 2013 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_da
Waiting for reply na.vaithianathan.
Re: import excel by column mapping using oracle 6i form [message #684176 is a reply to message #585411] Thu, 15 April 2021 04:52 Go to previous message
raza125
hi Sameer
I am working on same task. Can you send me your oracle form please? I can get lot of help from this.

Regards
Raza
Previous Topic: Detail Block is not updating & showing data
Next Topic: During FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE disabled button getting enabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:13:13 CDT 2024