Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Getting REP-0503 error message when using run_report_object
Getting REP-0503 error message when using run_report_object [message #84023] Mon, 19 January 2004 09:29 Go to next message
Digby
I am trying to run a report from Oracle 9i forms developer but keep on getting error message REP-0503 "You did not specify the name of a report". I know that I am doing everything correct since I am able to see the report properties by using the GET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY and using the message built-in to display the property.

Is there some other parameter I must set to get this to work ??
Re: Getting REP-0503 error message when using run_report_object [message #84073 is a reply to message #84023] Sat, 24 January 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MEDHAT aziz
I am trying to run a report from Oracle 9i forms developer but keep on getting error message REP-0503 "You did not specify the name of a report". I know that I am doing everything correct since I am able to see the report properties by using the GET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY and using the message built-in to display the property.

Is there some other parameter I must set to get this to work
Re: Getting REP-0503 error message when using run_report_object [message #84164 is a reply to message #84073] Mon, 09 February 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
veena
hi...
well yes i kept gettin this messages too,,but when i changed the execution mode to runtime and the communication mode to asynchrnous,,this error didnt come,,, but then the report isnt being called either,,
i am in the stage of no errors but no output also,,,
let me know if ur reports run after u make the changes in the Execution mode and Communication mode,,
u can do this using the set_report_object_property

let me know what happens,

lov n care,
Veena
Re: Getting REP-0503 error message when using run_report_object [message #84370 is a reply to message #84073] Mon, 08 March 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samy
Hi

I'm also experiencing the same problem, Any solution?.

Here is the code, used to run a report, which is in 'c:applicationhrsysreporttest1.rdf' directory.

I'm running a report from (forms 9i)a form, with a command btn, and a report object REPORT6 created for the same.

DECLARE
repid REPORT_OBJECT;
v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
report_prop VARCHAR2(200);
BEGIN
repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('REPORT6');
report_prop := GET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE);
report_prop := get_report_object_property(repid,REPORT_FILENAME);
MESSAGE('REPORT_FILENAME PROPERTY IS ' || report_prop);
v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
END;

REP-0503 You did not specify the name of a report.
Re: Getting REP-0503 error message when using run_report_object [message #85744 is a reply to message #84370] Mon, 26 July 2004 06:51 Go to previous message
Kaisar Berdishaev
Do you have the 'REPORT6' object in your Forms ?
Previous Topic: ask the question about forms
Next Topic: RefCode UJ001 : USER_JOBS . Instances Control using Hints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 05 19:59:52 CDT 2024