Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Mr.Himanshu -Thank you and please be specific
Mr.Himanshu -Thank you and please be specific [message #85992] Thu, 19 August 2004 11:36 Go to next message
M.P.Rao

Thank you Mr.Himanshu for that help, would like to know if i can use Data Migration Tool to convert .txt to .dbf and then to ORACLE DATABASE using sql loader.

kindly let meknw if i will have to create a front end form in D2K forms to save the forms and convert them to oracle data base using SQL Loader.

can you tell me how to use SQL loader, please let me know the script to be used.

I am new to oracle , so kindly let me know how to use SQL LOADER. i have put my example . please troubleshoot my problem, i will be thankful to you.

Project : - conversion of .txt file to Oracle data base.

Data in .txt format: - Records of People containing following details: -

ONE RECORD CONTAINS BELOW MENTIONED FIELDS.
1. Name: -
2. Email Address: -
3.Address: -
4.Phone Number: -
5. Fax Number: -
6. SSN Number: -
7.Description: - In 2-3 lines will be mentioned about the service provided.

Such 30 million records will be there. i.e repetative records all are variables.

Kindly let me know how to write control file and how to use SQL loader here ..please be specific and descriptive or mention in detail please.

Provide complete solution

thank you
M.P.Rao
Re: Mr.Himanshu -Thank you and please be specific [message #86001 is a reply to message #85992] Fri, 20 August 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Try this:

First make a file say x.ctl with following code:
load data
badfile 'Yourfilename.bad'
discardfile 'Yourfilename.dsc'
discardmax 999
append
Into table YOUR_TABLE_NAME
fields terminated by "," optionally enclosed by '"'
(NAME, MAIL_ADD, PHONE_NO, FAX_NO,SSN_NO, DESCRIPTION);

Then make a file say execscript.bat with following command line:
sqlldr80 userid=username/password@database_name control=X.ctl log=X.log data=YourFilename.TXT

Otherwise you may simply write the above mentioned code of bat file on the Command prompt itself.

Let me know if you face any problems.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Mr.Himanshu -Thank you and please be specific [message #86438 is a reply to message #85992] Wed, 29 September 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sophia yang
we know that you are looking for hats and caps. Could you please tell us the more information of it to our mail box?

Thanks.

Sophia Yang
Re: Mr.Himanshu -Thank you and please be specific [message #86440 is a reply to message #86438] Thu, 30 September 2004 00:50 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Sophia,
Could you be specific here what information you are looking for?
I do not remember all the requirments posted here, so let me know for what you require a solution.

Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: SQL QUERY FROM FORM
Next Topic: Matrix form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 20:49:51 CDT 2024