Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Passing Forms parameters to Reports - Step by Step
Passing Forms parameters to Reports - Step by Step [message #86319] Tue, 21 September 2004 05:32
Steve
Hi everybody!

I was interested to know if anyone could assist me in passing values from my form to a report.  The layout is as such:

I have 3 basic options the user can customize in the form.  There is a SORT BY frame (this represents the ORDER BY clause of the report).  It consists of radio buttons that the user can select one option.  Similarly there is a GROUP BY frame (this represents the GROUP BY clause, naturally).  This frame also consists of radio buttons from which the user has various options to select.  The third frame is a FILTER frame (which represents the WHERE clause).  This frame consists of radio buttons that when selected enable textboxes for input (limited by LOVs). 

What I want to do is to take the values that the user selected in all 3 frames and pass them to a report that utilizes the values.  I have looked at coding examples of creating a parameter list, and I am having a little bit of difficulty in ascertaining how to use the values of the radio buttons and textboxes to pass the values using the parameter list.  This is my code so far in adding parameters to my list:

-- Add the parameters
  -- a) WHERE/FILTER Clause
 add_parameter(v_pl, 'where_clause', TEXT_PARAMETER,     per_all_assignments_f.

per_all_assignments_f is the block, but how do I reference the values of the radio buttons and the textboxes from there?  The code I've looked at only allows for field references.

In addition, can you show me how to use the RUN_PRODUCT code to call the values into my report?  I know it sounds like a lot, but the help will be greatly appreciated once I know how to do this!  Thanks in advance!  =)

Steve
Previous Topic: Please help. Its urgent.
Next Topic: HELP! PLEASE! I NEED ATTENTION!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 20:26:51 CDT 2024