Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Wiping out the Text Item
Wiping out the Text Item [message #86325] Tue, 21 September 2004 10:33 Go to next message
Steve
Hi All -

I was wondering what property resets a value of a text item to NULL.  For instance, I have a radio button that when clicked, enables a text item box for input.  When the radio button in the group is changed, any value that the user entered is grayed out, however, that value can still be passed to my report.  I want the property to wipe out the entry when the user selects a different radio button.  I figure that it is probably the property QUERYABLE , but I am not sure.  Conceal Data property is not what I am looking for.  If there is no direct property, is there a round-about way that I can create the desired effect programmatically?  Thank you!
Re: Wiping out the Text Item [message #86329 is a reply to message #86325] Tue, 21 September 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Make use of When-radio-changed trigger and set the value of the item to NULL whenver the radio button selection is changed by user.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Wiping out the Text Item [message #86352 is a reply to message #86329] Thu, 23 September 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
Himanshu -

What is the syntax for that?

set_item_property('item_name', ? , NULL)

I will continue looking in the interm. Thank you!

Steve
Re: Wiping out the Text Item [message #86353 is a reply to message #86329] Thu, 23 September 2004 05:01 Go to previous message
Steve
Himanshu -

Thank you!

I actually used the following code, because even though I had set the UPDATEABLE property to TRUE in the property palette, I still had to set it programmatically because I received the 'Item is protected against updates' error message at run-time. I think this was due to the properties of the block and not the item itself.

set_block_property('block_name', update_allowed,
property_true);
:block_name.item_name := '';

Best Regards,
Steve
Previous Topic: Help menu
Next Topic: Port Access.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 20:19:47 CDT 2024