Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » DDE.Execute
DDE.Execute [message #87852] Thu, 17 February 2005 03:31 Go to next message
richa
I want to save the applicaion in excel from forms i can issue command from dde.ececute package but i dont know command for saving doc in excel i tryed it with typing
DDE.Execute(ConvID, 'SAVE', 1000);
DDE.Execute(ConvID, 'FILESAVE', 1000);
but it is not working???

Thanks In Advance
Re: DDE.Execute [message #87854 is a reply to message #87852] Thu, 17 February 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ÇÊ
You can use:

DDE.EXECUTE(ConvID, '[[SAVE]]',99999);

It's the same as what you typed before except for the [[ ]] around SAVE. I also bumped the timeout as with the default 1000, I usually end up having problems.
Re: DDE.Execute [message #87857 is a reply to message #87854] Thu, 17 February 2005 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richa
Thanks It is working.But my problem is still existing.
I am creating New Excel file using Text_IO Package. After that using DDE.Poke and DDE.Execute I am formatting and writing the data in Excel which is working fine.But when I am Saving the file, as it is a text format file so message from excel is flashed.So can u pls help me out with saveas or New/Open command syntax in DDE.Execute
Re: DDE.Execute [message #87863 is a reply to message #87857] Fri, 18 February 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a
hi Richa

i cant understand if u are using text_io pkg then why dont u directly put data by using text_io. use SYLK file for more info u will get redymade formating code.

repy if u r not able to use it.
icon9.gif  Re: DDE.Execute [message #117872 is a reply to message #87852] Sat, 30 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shyamsundar Patel
Hello Sir,
I M Also facing same Problem as Richa faced.I M Using TEXT.IO to create New Excel file from forms. So When I save the file, File Format related msg. flash by excel. What is the solution of this problem? Is there any other whay to create new excel file without using TEXT.IO??? Or any other coding format available to write in Excel file if I Open it using TEXT.IO ??? Pls. guide me.

Thanks to ALL.

Shyamsundar Patel.
Re: DDE.Execute [message #118062 is a reply to message #87852] Mon, 02 May 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at 'utl_file' package.

David
Re: DDE.Execute [message #118092 is a reply to message #118062] Tue, 03 May 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shyamsundar Patel
Hello Mr. David,
Thanks For replying on my Query...I Have used Text.IO and DDE.POKE to Create and Write Data in Excel Sheet.

Currently I M able to Write And Save data in Excel, and Even I can Close file using "DDE.EXECUTE(ConvID, '[QUIT]',99999)" or "DDE.EXECUTE(ConvID, '[EXIT]',99999)" Commands. Both command are showing Errors but they r working.They Quits the Excel File. Now The Only Problem is to generate Excel File thru' forms. I M Using TEXT.IO for that which cause error regarding FORMAT TYPE while saving...How Can I generate Excel File without using TEXT.IO Command???

I Have not used Utl_file Package. I Have not idea about this package.Can U Give me an Example to create , write Data & Close after saving the Data thru' this Package??

My Works are pending b'coz of this Problem.Pls. guide me.

Thanks to ALL.

Shyamsundar Patel.
Re: DDE.Execute [message #118101 is a reply to message #87852] Tue, 03 May 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
For a definition go to http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96612/u_file.htm.

For a good example go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html, select the 'search' facility, type in 'B10802', then press 'Search Documentation'. Select the 'Search this documentation library' link. Do a find for 'utl_find'. Enjoy!!

Alternatively, when you get to the 'Contents' page, select the 'View PDF' in the top right-hand corner, view the document and save it. It is three thousand pages (18MB) so it may take a bit of time.

David
Re: DDE.Execute [message #118441 is a reply to message #118101] Thu, 05 May 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shyamsundar Patel
Hi David,
Thanks. I have gone thru' the links u have suggested. I got an Example also for usage of utl_file :

create or replace procedure utl_file_test_write (
path in varchar2,
filename in varchar2,
firstline in varchar2,
secondline in varchar2)
is
output_file utl_file.file_type;
begin
output_file := utl_file.fopen (path,filename, 'W');
utl_file.put_line (output_file, firstline);
utl_file.put_line (output_file, secondline);
utl_file.fclose(output_file);
end;

I M Trying to use this code in form. but when form execute 1st line
"output_file := utl_file.fopen (path,filename, 'W');"

Error occurs "User-Defined Exception ???????? & Can I able to write no. of raws in no.of columns using this pacage???

- Shyam.
Re: DDE.Execute [message #118562 is a reply to message #87852] Thu, 05 May 2005 20:09 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Check the documentation again. You have to define a path containing the directory where you intend to write the file.

If you want to write raws into cells then you had better look at ora_ffi. Do a search of this forum for my previous posts on ora_ffi.

David
Previous Topic: how to retrive database names
Next Topic: need interview questions for forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:08:52 CDT 2024