Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Enforce data integrity --- one more stupid question
icon9.gif  Enforce data integrity --- one more stupid question [message #109562] Sat, 26 February 2005 00:53 Go to next message
ashishmate

hi Razz

will you please tell me what is the use of

'Enforce DATA integrity' option in data block wizard second screen (see attachment

plz give me example.

/forum/fa/7/0/
Re: Enforce data integrity --- one more stupid question [message #110144 is a reply to message #109562] Thu, 03 March 2005 13:11 Go to previous message
markl_af
I believe when this is checked, Forms will enforce data integrity even before it gets to the database. I prefer to NOT do this. Here's a scenario: I want to enter 5 new employees. One is the boss of the other four. If you check this box, you will HAVE to create the boss first (assuming there is a foreign key constraint for the manager_id/employee_id relationship.) If it is not checked, forms would let you do it because it is not checking for data integrity.
Previous Topic: Print built-in problem; form loses focus
Next Topic: Need help for the ORA-01779 cannot modify a column which maps to a non key-preserved table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:22:00 CDT 2024