Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime
icon8.gif  Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime [message #112230] Wed, 23 March 2005 15:51 Go to next message
Matloob
hi

i have a problem that i want to assign the rights on the menues according to differecnt users and these rights will be available through a form in which some menues will be disables for some users
when that user sign on that menue must be disables for that user
and soo on does any one have any idea on that ?

i have thinked that i have to logically numbering the menues and assignig them a switch (on / off) i can set it on or for any user then recreat the menue with this idea does i have to store menue in database ?
or ...........................?
plz do tell me urgent thanks
Re: Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime [message #112314 is a reply to message #112230] Thu, 24 March 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Why not use the default role security of Forms?

MHE
Re: Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime [message #112355 is a reply to message #112314] Thu, 24 March 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matloob
hi thanks for ur reply
can u plz desribe it briefly or provide me some example
are u telling of granting privalages on objects ?
thanks
take care bye
Re: Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime [message #112418 is a reply to message #112355] Fri, 25 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
In a form menu module (MMB), there's the possibility of using database roles to ensure menu security.

How to do this:
1. create some database roles just for the security.

2. At top level (Module level), set the property 'use security' to 'Yes' and fill the 'Menu Roles' property with the roles you created to be used for security.

3. At each item, you can set (highlight) the roles that have the item enabled (use ctrl-click/shift-click to select more than one).
you can specify whether the item is to be displayed grayed out when the user has no access.

[EDIT]
These roles can be existing roles on the database, but it's best to use specific roles that have nothing to do with object/system privileges.

HTH,
MHE

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2005 02:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime [message #113571 is a reply to message #112418] Mon, 04 April 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matloob
i have applied the way u specified but the problem i m faising that when i run that form it gave me error that curnt user does not have privalages to run the form builder menu
it doesnt show any menue
can u plz provide me any any menue file and privaleges names so that i can apply that and get my job done ?
Re: Granting Privaleges on Menue Then Recreating It On Runtime [message #114728 is a reply to message #113571] Tue, 05 April 2005 06:35 Go to previous message
Maaher
You do have the roles assigned to the users?
If so, are they default on? Are they set if they're not default on?

MHE
Previous Topic: COUNT_QUERY
Next Topic: Save/Update Multiple Values from Form to Separate Table.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:25:42 CDT 2024