Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » help!!! some auditing and authorization problems
help!!! some auditing and authorization problems [message #119720] Sat, 14 May 2005 04:09 Go to next message
rehan92
i am facing some problems and i need soultions. i am listing my problems in listed order. i will be thankful if i get answer in same order.

1) i have build of auditing module which records the login and logoff time of the forms user. but i want to detect the user which has terminated abnormally or by pressing alt+ctrl+delete. to log the status. i am using only one database user and about 50 forms controlled users.

2) how can i detect that wether the user has taken print of the report or not.

3) can i control the default toolbar of forms and reports. if yes . how

waiting..........
Re: help!!! some auditing and authorization problems [message #119733 is a reply to message #119720] Sat, 14 May 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
1) Use 1 application owner and 50 end users in Oracle and let Oracle take care of security for you. Additionally, you can use role security in the Forms menu.

2) I don't think that's easy. Perhaps you could disable the print functionality in the menu?

3) Depends on what you mean. You can create your own toolbar and attach it to the Form.

MHE
Re: help!!! some auditing and authorization problems [message #119804 is a reply to message #119720] Sun, 15 May 2005 21:08 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
1) Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/45608/67467/. It is quite a nice solution. Alternatively ask in the database forum for database triggers that you can use for your purposes.

David
Previous Topic: Form 6i & Report 6i Sample Forms & Reports
Next Topic: Interview Questions for Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:07:51 CDT 2024