Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to Trap the Error, when NETWORK is down.
How to Trap the Error, when NETWORK is down. [message #120329] Thu, 19 May 2005 03:14 Go to next message
karthi

Hi All,

ON-Error Trigger works, when database is down.
Whts my doubt is...
If network is down while starting the Form or on the half, then how to trap tht error and give error message to user...tht "Network is Down".
I want to access a file "userlog.fmx", which is located in Server Machine. Now the network is down, so if I try to access the file, it gives the error "FRM-40010:Cannot read from userlog.fmx", because now network is down or I lost the network connection. I want to trap this Network Error and to give user Error...How to do this...? Thankx

bye
karthi
Re: How to Trap the Error, when NETWORK is down. [message #120332 is a reply to message #120329] Thu, 19 May 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Write in the user manual that if you get the message "FRM-40010:Cannot read from userlog.fmx" then the network is probably down. They will probably notice that their email and a couple of other applications are also not working.

Alternatively, create a local machine script that encapsulates your forms startup and this script checks to make sure that the network is available. But if _that_ script is on the network which is down then you are back to the user manual solution.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to Trap the Error, when NETWORK is down. [message #120369 is a reply to message #120332] Thu, 19 May 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthi

Hi David,

Just give an outline of the Script (coding), so tht i can build from that.

bye
karthi

Re: How to Trap the Error, when NETWORK is down. [message #120518 is a reply to message #120369] Fri, 20 May 2005 05:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'm sorry I don't write windows BAT files.

Can someone else write a quick BAT file that looks to see if a network drive is present, if not write a message?

David
Previous Topic: noreply@orafaq.net
Next Topic: Mapping Keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:11:44 CDT 2024